Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tea Time


Here's the story on this piece that I just published on Etsy today. I have a wonderful friend, R., who I enjoy visiting with. Summer days bring the times of sitting on her porch, sipping chai, and ignoring our kids. Tea time is that special time that we can just sit and relax (and get up every 5 minutes for someone who has to go to the bathroom, or for a drink, or for a snack.... you get the picture). I made this piece thinking of her and the summer chais that we share.

This piece is made of paper clay which I've been having a lot of fun working with. It's super light when it dries, which makes it great for jewelry. It has durability and after I varnish it, it's waterproof. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25576234

No comments:

Post a Comment